Terms and Conditions of Use
- We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time at our discretion. We may do so for technical or legal reasons, or because the needs of our business have changed. You agree that if you do not accept any amendment we may make to our Terms, then you shall immediately stop accessing and/or using the Site. Updated Terms will be effective as soon as they are accessible. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them.
- You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by opening a support ticket on the Site.
In these Terms, the following words have the following meanings:
Anglo-Link Content: all materials on the Site, including all information, data, text, images, recordings, and software
Client Area: the area of the Site where you can manage your personal details, purchases and invoices
Credits: credits for the purchase of certain Site Content, including a Lesson
Credit Balance: the total number of Credits available in your account at any given time
Lesson: a live lesson booked through the Site
Subscription Fees: the fees due in order to access and download Content as set out on our Pricing Page
Subscription Plan: your subscription to the Site, which can be for either one month or six consecutive months
Terms: these terms and conditions.
Site: the Anglo-Link website.
Site Content: all materials, text, images, videos, recordings, and software on the Site, including a Lesson, and all Support
Support: any technical or English language support or information provided by Anglo-Link following a request from you
User Content: all content that you upload to the Site, including information provided in your profile and your posts on our forums
You: any user of the Site
In these Terms:
- headings are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation;
- words in the singular include the plural; and
- 'including' means including but not limited to.
- Registering on the Site
- When you register on the Site, you will create a username and a password. You are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential, and you are responsible for any activity under your Anglo-Link account. Please take precautions to protect your password, and contact us immediately if you believe there has been any unauthorised use of your Anglo-Link account.
- When you use the Site, you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and you agree not to:
- try to gain unauthorised access to the Site or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Site;
- use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other user's use and enjoyment of the Site; and/or
- copy, reproduce, redistribute, sell, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble all or part of the Site, except to the extent expressly permitted by law and not capable of exclusion by law.
- Subscription Fee and Credits
Much of the Anglo-Link Content is accessible only on payment of a Subscription Fee. Subscription Fees are either paid monthly or every six months depending on your Subscription Plan.
Subscription fee is non-refundable.
Payment & Renewals
Your subscription shall not commence until we receive the first instalment of the Subscription Fee. If you fail to pay any subsequent instalment of the Subscription Fee by the due date, we shall be entitled to:
- downgrade your Anglo-Link account to the basic, free membership, and accordingly much of the Site Content will no longer be available to you; and/or
- charge costs and interest on any overdue sums, accruing from the due date up to the date of actual payment in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
Unless you notify us before the next due date of your Subscription Fee that you want to end your Subscription Plan at this date or cancel your Subscription Plan in your Client Area, we will automatically charge the then-applicable periodic Subscription Fee using your preferred payment method.
If your preferred payment method becomes invalid during your Subscription Plan period, or if the charge is refused for any other reason outside our control, you authorise us to use any other payment method we have on file in your client account. If all your payment methods on file are declined, your Subscription Plan will be cancelled.
If you do not renew your Subscription Plan, we will downgrade your Anglo-Link account to the basic, free membership, and accordingly, much of the Site Content will no longer be available to you. You can opt out of automatic renewal at any time before the renewal date by either changing your renewal option in your Client Area, or by contacting us.
Cancellation by you and refunds
You agree that because Anglo-Link Content is downloadable, as soon as you have paid the Subscription Fee, there is no 'cooling off' period or other right to cancel and claim a refund under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. However, please contact us if you have any issues with any Anglo-Link Content that you use or download.
As an alternative to paying a Subscription Fee, you can purchase or earn Credits which can be redeemed against certain Site Content, including Lessons. All Credits must be used within 12 months of the date of purchase, and are non-transferable. Credits have no cash value and may not be redeemed for legal currency or items of value outside of the Site. You can claim a refund for all or part of purchased Credits provided that you contact us within 14 days of purchase, and we shall refund to you any part of the Credits that have not been used to purchase Site Content.
Free daily credits earned as part of the Silver and Gold memberships are capped at 1000 credits. Once this number is reached, you stop earning daily credits until some of these credits have been used and the total number has dropped below 1000.
You may only purchase Site Content in the amount and at times permitted by us at our sole discretion, and only for your personal use. We may change the price and/or availability of the Site Content at any time.
The costs of Lessons are set out on the Site showing the number of Credits needed to book them. All Credits due for a Lesson are deducted from your available Credit Balance in advance at the time you make the booking.
If a dispute should arise between a user and the payment processor regarding payment, the user will be responsible for resolving the dispute. To the fullest exntent permitted by applicable law, we will not accept any responsibility for the dispute. In the event legal action is necessary to collect on balances due, you agree to reimburse us for all expenses incurred to recover sums due, including attorneys' fees and other legal expenses.
- User Content
- You warrant and represent that your User Content shall comply with the Acceptable Use Policy.
- You further warrant and represent that you shall use industry standard virus detection software to block the uploading of User Content that contains viruses or other malicious code.
- We are not responsible and accept no liability for User Content. You shall indemnify and keep indemnified us, our directors, representatives and agents from and against all direct and indirect costs, claims, losses, expenses, damages and liabilities that may be incurred as a result of any breach of the warranties set out in Condition 5.1 and/or 5.2.
- We do not actively monitor any User Content, but you agree that at any time we shall be entitled to delete any User Content that we reasonably believe is in breach of the Acceptable Use Policy. You can contact us if you believe any User Content is in breach of the Acceptable Use Policy.
- You grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free right, together with the right to sublicense, to reproduce all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in your User Content within the Site and for our general business purposes, including within marketing materials without crediting you if we choose not to do so.
- Site Content, Lessons and Support
- The copyright in all Site Content, including paid for Site Content, is owned by or licensed to Anglo-Link. All rights are reserved. Site Content obtained via the Site is provided to you under a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license. You cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use the Site Content without our permission.
- All Lessons must be booked and paid for using your available Credit Balance at least 48 hours in advance. If you book a Lesson with Anglo-Link, you may cancel the Lesson by contacting us with the following notice terms:
- 7 or more clear days' notice of cancellation: 100% refund of Credits used;
- 4 to 7 clear days' notice of cancellation: 50% refund of Credits used;
- 24 to 72 hours notice of cancellation: 25% refund of Credits used; and
- Less than 24 hours notice of cancellation: no refund of Credits used
- If you fail to attend the Lesson, then we are not obliged either to refund the Credits used for that Lesson or to arrange a replacement Lesson.
- There may be occasions where we may be obliged to cancel a scheduled Lesson. If for any reason we cancel a Lesson you have booked, we will give you as much prior notice as reasonably possible under the circumstances, and will issue you a full refund of the Credits you have used to book that Lesson.
- In relation to all Lessons, you agree to:
- provide at your own cost all appropriate materials, including computer, headset, microphone and appropriate teaching materials and aids, as well as a reliable and stable Internet connection;
- ensure that your system operates with the latest available version of security software to protect against the transmission of viruses and malware; and
- attend the Lesson at the time booked.
- If you are late for a Lesson, or have problems maintaining an uninterrupted online connection during the allocated Lesson time, we are under no obligation to add any extra time to that Lesson, or compensate for lost time in any form or manner including part or full refund of Credits used to book the Lesson.
- You agree that, from time to time, there may be delays on communications and/or break-up in sound, images, or video within a Lesson. We shall have no liability for such delays or break-ups.
- At your request, and depending on your current Subscription Plan, we shall provide Support to you within a reasonable period of time following receipt of your request. However, you agree that the Support we provide relates only to our Site and Site Content and therefore does not include any fault on your own equipment or systems.
- Site Availability
- We will use reasonable endeavours to maintain and make the Site available to you at all times. However, there may be occasions when access to the Site may be interrupted, including for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. We shall use our endeavours to notify all users of any scheduled maintenance or upgrades by posting a notice on the Site, and to schedule such maintenance and upgrades outside of normal working hours.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we shall not be liable if you are unable to access the Site for any reason within your control, including your failure to use appropriate equipment or insufficient bandwidth.
- Anglo-Link reserves the right to remove any content or features from the Site for any reason, without prior notice. In such circumstances, our only liability to you is to refund pro-rata any Subscription Fees already paid in respect of any content or features removed.
- Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to us, we may suspend or delete your Subscription Plan and/or Anglo-Link account if:
- you have breached any provision of these Terms, including any part of the Acceptable Use Policy;
- we cannot verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; and/or
- we determine that your conduct could damage our reputation.
- If your Anglo-Link account is deleted:
- you must cease to use the Site;
- you may not re-register under a different name; and
- you acknowledge that your User Content may be retained and/or deleted at our discretion; and
- you shall not be entitled to any refund of the Subscription Fee.
- Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to us, we may suspend or delete your Subscription Plan and/or Anglo-Link account if:
- Disclaimer – Your attention is particularly drawn to these provisions
- We warrant that we shall use all reasonable skill and care to prepare the Site Content and to operate the Site so that the Site Content shall be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. All other warranties, terms and conditions relating to the Site and the Site Content, whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise, are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- If we cancel a Lesson you have booked with us, our maximum liability to you, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed the number of Credits paid for the Lesson. For all other claims relating to the Site and/or the Site Content, our maximum liability to you shall not exceed the total amounts paid by you to us in the six (6) months preceding the date on which the liability arose.
- For the avoidance of doubt, if you delete any Site Content you have purchased, and/or your own systems corrupt the Site Content, we will have no liability to you and you will therefore have to buy such Site Content again if you wish to obtain a further copy.
- Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability that cannot be excluded by English law. You consumer statutory rights are not affected.
- If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- We may assign or otherwise transfer our rights and obligations in terms of these Terms to third parties.
- If you have any complaint or wish to raise a dispute under these Terms or otherwise in relation to the Site Content please follow this link http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Last updated: January 2019